Python Tkinter Entry Field with Source Code
Python Tkinter Entry Field widget is a standard Tkinter widget used to enter or display a single line of text. The entry widget is used to enter text strings. Also, this widget allows the user to enter one line of text, in a single font.
So, to enter multiple lines of text, you have to use text widget as well. Also entry widgets are the easiest widgets of tkinter to get an input data. This allows any user to enter the single line of text in the text field.
Python Tkinter Entry Field has of four options where user can enter data for no validation, real number, integer and date. So, data will be changed when user edit or re-write the number in the text field.
- Python as a programming language.
- Tkinter as a library for GUI based application.
- Pycharm as an IDE.
- pmw as a library.
- Fast and efficient
- Simple and easily understandable.
- User-friendly GUI with simple python coding.
- Ease of use.
- So, it displays text and textfield with an appropriate medium number.
- User can select the number of validation.
- Also, real number with integer textfield is provided.
- Similarly, a date in 2000’s is given where you can select month and days.
- Also you can modify the number an dates by re-writing the code.
Things to know
- You have to download python 2 or python 3 (sudo apt-get install python3).
- You have to install pip or pip3 for downloading different libraries (sudo apt-get install python-pip).
- Also, you can install Tkinter library with sudo pip install tkinter.
- Likewise, you can install pycharm or Atom or Sublime text for an IDE or you can simple sudo nano filename.
- You have to install pmw library with sudo pip install pmw.
Therefore, click on below button to download this project.